SQL SERVER || Consistency Validation For SQL Server Registry Keys
You are attempting to install the SQL Server 2008 R2 when you receive the following error message: "Consistency validation for SQL Server registry keys failed."
NOTE: This issue can occur if an existing key for Microsoft® Business Contact Manager in the Windows Registry does not have adequate permissions, which can cause the SQL Server 2008 R2 installation to fail.
Please use the following steps:
- Click Start and select Run.
- The Run dialog box appears. In the Select field, type regedit.
Caution: We strongly recommend that you back up the system registry before making any changes. Incorrect changes to the registry could result in permanent data loss or corrupted files.
How to back up registry in Windows?
- From the Start menu, type regedit.exe in the search box, and then press Enter. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
- In Registry Editor, locate and click the registry key or subkey that you want to back up.
- Click File > Export.
- In the Export Registry File dialog box, select the location to which you want to save the backup copy, and then type a name for the backup file in the File name field.
- Click Save.
- Browse to the following key : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server
- Give the registry key adequate permissions.
Note: There may be keys from other programs listed under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server, security settings for them will also need to be updated.
Give the registry key adequate permissions:
- Right-click on the key and select Properties. Click on the Security tab.
- Click the Security tab, and select the Everyone user.
- Check the box for Full Control and then click OK.
- Close the Windows Registry.
Now, Restart the system and attempt to install SQL Server 2008 R2.
Hope this Helps.
SQL SERVER || Performance counter registry hive consistency
You are attempting to install the SQL Server 2008 R2 SP2 Express edition when you receive an error similar to the following: "Performance counter registry hive consistency check" failed. The performance counter registry hive is corrupted." ...
SQL SERVER || An error occurred during the installation of assembly
Error While Installing SQL SERVER 2008 R2 SP2 Express Edition – An error occurred during the installation of assembly - 'Microsoft.VC80, MFC, Version = '8.0.50727.4027'____ Resolution To resolve this problem, use the following methods: Disable ...
SQL SERVER || There are validation errors on this page.
There are validation errors on this page. Click OK to close this dialog box. Review errors at the bottom Setup page, then provide valid parameters or click Help for more information. Cause : Issue occur due to files and folder are compressed and not ...
SQL SERVER || Fusion Active Template Library (ATL)
Error While Installing SQL SERVER 2008 R2 SP2 Express Edition – Fusion Active Template Library (ATL) Resolution Solution 1: To resolve this problem, use the following methods: Disable Antivirus and Firewall as well until SQL Server Installation. In ...
ERROR Of SQL Server OLEDB Provider support
Problem: Encountering a SQL Server OLEDB provider support error while accessing a Windows application, with the error message: "Unable to load SQL Server OLEDB provider resource DLL. The application cannot continue". Solution: Open File Explorer: ...