WHAT IS LAN SETTING AND ITS OBJECTIVE
LAN (Local Area Network) setup is developed by connecting two or more than two computers with each other using a physical connection or Wi-Fi in order to share files and data overtime.
As specified above, Spectrum is a multi user software which means the software can be used on multiple systems keeping the data centralized.
LAN SETTING PROCESS
1. To proceed with LAN setting you need to install the software on LAN system. The Set up for LAN / Client is available on the www.kdksoftware.com
Website → Home Page → Software download NEW
or Click here!
2. Install the desired software from this window (Recommended is Web Installer)
3. Once the software is installed on LAN, please follow the process below:
4. Please ensure that the software is completely closed on the Server and client system before following the instructions below.
1. Firstly, share the “K.D.K Software” folder on SERVER system. It will be available at the Root location where you have installed the SOFTWARE.
Default location is: “C:\Program Files\K.D.K. Software” OR "C:\Program Files (x86) \K.D.K. Software"
1. Right Click on K.D.K Software folder→ Properties
2. Under Sharing → Advance sharing → Tick on the Check Box saying “Share this folder” → Permissions → Full control → Apply and OK.
3. Then go to Security tab → Edit → Add → Type Everyone → OK → Check mark on Full control → Apply and OK.
4. This would enable sharing of the K.D.K Software folder to all the systems available in the network.
Steps to Process with LAN setting:
Please ensure that the SERVER system should be accessible from the node system and both server\client systems should be on network.
1. On client system Run Software.
2. It's Asking for software registration, Just click on Register Later.
3. Click on LAN Setting tab.
4. LAN Setting window showing, Just enter the SERVER Path Here.
5. Once enter the SERVER Path, Click on Ok.
6. Restart the software now. Now it is showing as License Version shown below.
Hope this helps.