Invoice & other data upload for creation of GSTR 2 in Express GST | GST Filing
The table below provides the name, full form and detailed description for each field of the worksheets followed by a detailed instruction for filling the applicable worksheets.
The fields marked with asterisk or star are mandatory.
B2B Supplies - "Details of invoices of Taxable supplies received from other registered taxpayers"
B2BUR - Inward supplies from unregistered Supplier --> Inward supplies received from an unregistered supplier
IMPS - Import of Services
IMPG - "Import of Goods"
Credit / Debit Note (Enter Credit/ Debit Notes/Refund vouchers issued by the registered supplier during the tax period but not added by him in his GSTR-1. Debit or credit note issued against invoice will be reported here against original invoice, hence fill the details of original invoice also which was furnished in earlier/current period tax period.)
Credit/ Debit Note for unregistered Persons --> (Credit/ Debit Notes/Refund vouchers issued to the unregistered supplier)
Tax liability on advances - Advance amount Paid for reverse charge supplies in the tax period
Advance adjustments - Adjustment of tax already paid on advance receipt of consideration and invoices issued in the current period for the supplies attracting reverse charge
Supplies from Composition taxable person, Nil Rated, Exempted and Non GST supplies received --> (Details of supplies received from composition taxable person and other Nil Rated, Exempted and Non GST Supplies received)
Input tax Credit Reversal/Reclaim
HSN Summary (HSN wise summary of goods /services received during the tax period)
Common mistakes in filling Excel template
- Duplication of invoices with the same tax rate shouldn’t be there-otherwise System throws error as "Non duplicated invoices were added & these invoices are duplicated" at the time of import.
- Amount should be only up to 2 decimal digits.
- Ensure that filling of excel should be strictly as per sample data to avoid errors.
- Copy paste data from the excel template not including the header rows 1 to 4 will throw an error.
- The work sheet name in the excel file of return data prepared by the return prepare should be the same as mentioned in the sample excel template.
- Master data sheet provides the inputs allowed in the mentioned data field. Inputs in the master data sheet have been used for the drop down lists in the worksheets.
- To facilitate the declaration of date in the specified format "dd-mmm-yyyy", ensure the system date format of your computer is "dd/mm/yyyy or dd-mm-yyyy".
- For invoices containing multiple line items invoice level details like GSTIN/UIN, Invoice Number, Invoice Date and Place of Supply should be repeated for all the line items, in the absence of the same system will not accept those items.
- Taxable Value, Rate and cess amount as applicable to the line items may be different in the same invoice.
- On successful import of the data from the excel file to the offline utility tool, the tool takes care of proper placement of the same in the return format
- In this first version worksheets are not being provided for uploading amendment details as these are not expected in the first GST return. Those will be provided in the next version.
- In the top of each excel worksheet , there is a summary row which gives the count or total of the key columns to help in reconciliation.
- The worksheets have some data as example. Please delete the data from all worksheets before use.
- The number mentioned in bracket in the top most row in each data entry worksheet refer to the corresponding table number in the notified GSTR 2 format. For example in b2b worksheet "Summary For B2B(3)" here "3" refers to the table number 4 of GSTR 1 format.
- This excel workbook template works best with Microsoft Excel 2007 and above.
- Ensure that there are no stray entries in any cell of the sheets other than return related declaration under the indicated column headers.
- It is advisable that separate excel sheets be prepared for each month with the name having month name as a part of it's name. In case of multiple uploads for a month, the file name may be classified as Part A, Part B etc to avoid confusion.
- Before importing the excel file in the offline tool for a particular tax period, it is advisable that the taxpayer should delete if any existing data of that tax period by clicking "Delete All Data" tab in the Java Offline Tool. If any data remains in the tool will overwrite the existing data.
- If one uploads the JSON file for a tax period with the same invoice number but differing details again, the later invoice details will overwrite the earlier details.
- In case of other sections where the consolidated details have to be furnished, the details of whole section furnished earlier would be overwritten by the later uploaded details.
Hope this helps.
How to enter different tax rate in single invoice (GSTR-1 > B2B Invoice) through excel sheet?
Solution: Step 1: Login on GST Software Application. Step 2: Select Company, Financial Year, Filing Type as GSTR-1 and Tax Period and then Go to Proceed. Step 3: Here Click on - Download Sample Template. Step 4: Once the ...
Invoice & other data upload for creation of GSTR 1
The table below provides the name, full form and detailed description for each field of the worksheets followed by a detailed instruction for filling the applicable worksheets. The fields marked with asterisk or star are mandatory. B2B B2B Supplies ...
How to Export GSTR-2 data in MS Excel?
To export GSTR-2 returns Data in the MS Excel follow the steps below : Go to Gateway of Tally > Display > Statutory Reports > GST > GSTR-2 Make sure that there are no items under the section Not included in returns due to incomplete information ...
GST reconciliation primarily involves matching the data uploaded by the suppliers with those of the recipient's purchase data. This basically includes comparing the GSTR-2A auto-populated from suppliers data and the purchase data recorded by the ...
GST Software > GSTR-9C > Error Occurred, please close the browser, close the Utility and try again.
Solution: All of us know that we need to first download GSTR 9C utility from GST portal’s Download section and Import our JSON file in this through " Open GSTR-9C JSON File Downloaded from GST Portal" option, still after this our job is not over. ...