Challan verification refers to the process of confirming and ensuring the accuracy and completeness of details associated with a financial transaction documented in a challan.
A challan is a form or document used to provide details of payments, typically related to taxes, fees, or other financial obligations.
It involves cross-checking the provided information with relevant records to avoid errors and ensure compliance.
For example, in the context of income tax, when a taxpayer makes a tax payment, they submit a challan to the tax authorities.
The tax authorities then verify the challan details against their records to ensure that the correct amount has been paid for the correct assessment year, under the appropriate tax head, and with the right taxpayer identification details.
Bulk Challan Verification Process:
- Go to the "Challans" section in the system.
- Choose the specific Form you are working with from the options provided (24Q, 26Q, 27Q, or 27EQ).
- In this section, you will find a list of challans. These challans may have been manually entered or imported from the Government Portal.
- To ensure the accuracy and authenticity of the challans, locate and click on the "Bulk Challan Verification" button.
- After clicking the verification button, the system initiates a verification process. This involves cross-referencing the provided information with the relevant data to confirm the validity of each challan.
- Once the verification process is complete, the system visually distinguishes the verified challans. These will be highlighted in a vibrant green color, providing an immediate and unmistakable visual confirmation of their authenticity.
- On the other hand, unverified challans will be presented without any additional color. This lack of color serves as an indicator that these particular challans require further attention or verification.
By following these steps, users can efficiently navigate through the system, initiate the bulk challan verification process, and easily distinguish between verified and unverified challans through a clear and intuitive visual representation.
TDS || Bulk Pan Verification Process
To Verify the PAN Number on Single Page, You need to first Create the Deductee/Employee Master (Master > Deductee/Employee Master). Process 1: Step 1: Navigate to "Master > Deductee/Employee Master" option. Step 2: On the Deductee/Employee Master ...
TDS || Import Challan from Govt. Portal
This enhancement allows users to seamlessly import multiple challan details directly from the Income Tax website with just a single click. To leverage this functionality, follow the comprehensive process outlined below: Step 1: Open the TDS Software ...
TDS || Challan Payment
Online Challan Payment Open the Challans module in the system and choose the applicable Form from the options available (24Q, 26Q, 27Q, or 27EQ). Click on the "Add New Challan" button to initiate a new payment entry. Fill these details and navigate ...
Process to generate TDS Return (Salary / Non Salary / Non Resident / TCS)
TDS, or Tax Deducted at Source, is a mechanism established under the Income Tax Act to ensure a steady collection of taxes from various income sources. In this system, any company or individual making a payment is mandated to deduct a certain ...
TDS || Option for Print Bulk Computation
A new and enhanced feature has been added to the TDS software, allowing users to print Bulk Computations with greater efficiency. Previously, users could only print Single Computations for individual employees in the TDS software. However, the latest ...